Monday, September 14, 2015

Wedding Weekend Activities

Good morning! I hope everyone had a nice weekend! Despite the rain here in Ottawa, I had an amazing weekend, which centered around wedding related activities on both Saturday and Sunday. The weekend kicked off with my wedding shower, followed by the Wedding Palace Bridal Show in Ottawa on Sunday, where Ryan and I picked up lots of goody bags and signed up for plenty of contests!
The spread! Beautiful and delicious!
After moving some furniture in preparation for our move at the end of the month, I headed to Kingston with my mother-in-law, her sister, and their mum to attend my wedding shower. Even though driving conditions weren't ideal, it was a really fun car ride, both to and from Kingston!

My mum planned the event for weeks and put so much love and attention into every little detail! We arrived right on time and headed into my parents house to join the party. The spread was fantastic and the house was perfectly decorated for the shower. I had such a wonderful time chatting and catching up with everyone in attendance. There were plenty of fun wedding shower games and prizes to be won, and everyone had a really great time! 
Cutting the cake!
The party was such a whirl of excitement that it felt like it all went by so quickly! The cake was beautiful but with everything else going on, I barely had the chance to have more than two bites of it! 


Beautiful women: My mum, aunt Rebecca, and aunt Linda
I tried to spend a bit of time with each guest, and it was so lovely to be able to see so many wonderful people. I am so appreciative of everyone's love and support! It's so easy for life to get in the way and make it difficult to spend time with family and friends, so being able to see so many people, some of whom I hadn't seen in years, was a really special treat!  
Oldest and dearest friends! Me and Jen!
Thank you to everyone who came to the wedding shower, and also to those who were unable to make it but still sent their love! I am so grateful to have such incredible family and friends and I love you all dearly! I will cherish these memories (and your insightful wedding advice!) for many years to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment