Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Classic Icons

Today's post is all about my personal favorite classic icons! I certainly wasn't around when these ladies were in their prime, but from what I know and have seen of them in films, they are all incredible women with a distinct individuality that has helped garner them the title of "classic icon". 

In this day and age, I can't think of too many female figures in the public eye that I can see being revered as "iconic" in the years to come. Okay, so maybe there are a few current entertainers who might come to be considered "icons" in the years to come, but not necessarily for their achievements or talent. Instead, it seems that many of the most famous entertainers these days are measured by how outrageous or shameless they can be. 

A large part of what I admire about the women I consider to be "classic icons" is that they were feminine, refined, and graceful, yet also bold and unconventional. They were unique and self-assured. Something many women (including myself) sometimes struggle with.

Grace Kelly

1929-1982

American film actress who married Prince Rainier III of Monaco, and became a real-life princess.


Select films: Rear Window, To Catch a Thief, Dial M for Murder.




Brigitte Bardot



1934- present

French film actress, singer, and fashion model, as well as animal rights activist.

Select films: Contempt, Viva Maria.





Audrey Hepburn


1929-1993

British film actress and humanitarian who was also a renown fashion icon.

Select films: My Fair Lady, Breakfast at Tiffany's, Roman Holiday. 





Sophia Loren


1934- present

Italian film actress and beauty icon.

Select films: Houseboat, That Kind of Woman, It Started in Naples.

1 comment: